What to do with a car with too many horses?

Traffic was snarling up on M4 due to an overturned lorry a couple of junctions ahead of us. On the outside lane was a Ferrari FF or maybe Lusso T, over 600 horses I should think. The queuing was about 15mph. Then the Ferrari driver reved the engine wroom wroom. But to what avail? It must be one of those cars which make hot hatchback owners droll, as it is somewhat reminiscent of an enlarged über hot hach.

Reply to
johannes

Should have cleared a little road space and then done doughnuts.

Been reading today about another motorway incident (M6, J19-20), where traffic was backed up for 15 miles, some athletic types got out and started playing football...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

To clear the oiled plugs?

Reply to
newshound

Traffic was snarling up on M4 due to an overturned lorry a couple of junctions ahead of us. On the outside lane was a Ferrari FF or maybe Lusso T, over 600 horses I should think. The queuing was about 15mph. Then the Ferrari driver reved the engine wroom wroom. But to what avail? It must be one of those cars which make hot hatchback owners droll, as it is somewhat reminiscent of an enlarged über hot hach.

The driver possibly has a small penis.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Perhaps he thought his car would catch pneumonia if he didn't?

Reply to
Fredxxx

When I were t'lad we used to put lollies sticks on the forks and as they brushed against the wheel spokes they'd go, 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' annd make a nice raspy noise.

Same sort of thing really.

Reply to
Tom

When I were t'lad we used to put lollies sticks on the forks and as they brushed against the wheel spokes they'd go, 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' annd make a nice raspy noise.

Same sort of thing really.

Yes, I remember, after lots of hints, getting one of these for Christmas. Definitely a step up from sticking things to the wheels, I was proper grown up now.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Yeah this is hilarious. I like my car to be almost silent, just notifying me that the engine is doing its job, but no more.

Reply to
johannes

You've never owned an Alfa then? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Or anything with twin 40 DCOE webers, or a V8

Reply to
MrCheerful

My lovely old Saab with 200 turbo horses + APC boost has lovely auto kick down, it really flies when overtaking. However, one day the throttle cable snapped and RAC rescue made a temporary fix. As a result, I was driving like an angle for the next couple of month. That made me think, why do I really need 200 horses?

Reply to
johannes