What is wrong with this car?

Aside from the "2-too-many-doors" thing? Looks pretty nice and it's got air. Can't tell about power steering or brakes. I e-mailed the owner but no answer. John

Reply to
Fieronut

John Poulos

Rusted floors and driver's side pillar, two small rust holes in trunk), brakes (front brakes work, back ones do not), brake lines, fuel line, gas tank (needs replaced or thoroughly cleaned, currently running off gas can in trunk), exhaust system (still has original muffler), front bumper (minor damage from accident in late 1970s), scratch on trunk.

The suspension probably needs rebuilding too. Yess it has AC but that is probably about to go and it needs to be retro fitted and You cant tell from the photo if it has a Dana 44 or just a flanged 27. In any case the differential will need to be rebuilt because it hasn't been serviced correctly......and probably a bunch more. THe price is to high especially for an automatic.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Don't be too hard on this car, guys. It was in our Indy Chapter SDC newsletter a year or so ago at a bargain price from, I think it was, the original owner's widow. A newbie to our chapter bit on it and didn't pay all that much for it...seems like it was in the mid-to-high hundreds. (I'm not being coy; I've really forgotten what he said he paid for it.)

He got it running and driving and drove it to a chapter meeting last year; everyone was amazed at what a decent car it was for the money. I emphasize FOR THE MONEY.

If someone wanted one of these, it would be a nice car around $1,000 in today's market and money. I say that from having personally inspected the car last year. BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

I emailed the seller and got an answer after t hree days. Below is what he sent me: Paul Johnson "Hi, thanks for your interest in the Studebaker. The driver's door pillar is loose. There's also a rust hole near where the driver seat bolts to the floot and some small holes inside the trunk that have been repaired. The front seat is a full bench. The air conditioner is the original, factory-installed unit -- however, the condenser is damaged. All the parts are still there though, blower still works, just doesn't get cold. It has drum brakes and has power steering (though this doesn't work since the seals are gone on the power assist cylinder causing fluid to leak). "

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I would think the interior and dash is worth the BIN price to someone..

Dan

I am going to have fun playing with it!

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL