Wheel bearing dodgy

Just had my car MOT and been told that a front wheel bearing has to be replaced.Was told at the garage Service Desk that this will cost in the region of £150.Would this be a fair price for this work and parts ? My car is Citreon Xsara LX. I would appreciate any views on this.

allan

Reply to
allan

1-2 hrs labour plus cost of parts. It's a little pricey but not OTT.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

Conor (Conor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Parts are cheap enough - about £20 inc vat - so that leaves £130 for the labour, inc vat, or just over a ton before vat. £50/hr in the SE is _far_ from unusual... Hell, if it's at a dealer, they've quoted for one hour...

Reply to
Adrian

Bite their hand off !

Sorry, I was thinking that was an offer to buy it off you, not delay the inevitable :-}

:-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Not unusual for garage work I guess but a bit on the pricey side as someone said. To put it into perspective, you're looking at about £40 including the Haynes manual if you fancy a crack at it yourself.

Reply to
Abo

I woas working on about =A350 for the bearing. Shows how much in touch I=20 am - lol.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

Get them to replace both for that price (plus the cost of the second bearing - as said here about £20) and that'd be worthwhile.

-- Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan