2000 wheel bearing, ABS sensor

x-no-archive:yes

having a right front wheel bearing on 2000 Max SE changed out. I was not expierencing any problems, took car in to a NIssan Dealer for oil change, and was told by service manager that the mechanic noticed a whine from the from right wheel bearing.

they are telling me that they need to change out the ABS sensor with this. I was not having any problems.

does this sound legit?

Reply to
Bob

I have a 2k1 SE with 94k. I just had the same work done by my local mechanic. Heard a loud scraping from front-right. My local (trusted) mechanic told me it was the wheel bearing. He also had to replace the ABS sensor, as he had to destroy it (rusted in place) to get at the wheel bearing.

So, it does sound legit to me. One way to tell..... jack up the car and wiggle the tire. If lose, then bearing is on the way out.

Goold luck.

Reply to
bikerdad

Not always true dude