Where to find good axle stands and a jack ?

As subjec really, looking for a set of axle stands happy to pay for quality and a jack.

Cheers

Reply to
James_sutton

================================= Have a look here:

Halfords also sell pretty good tools.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Halfords Professional range yes, some of the others, ropey.

I have the Machine Mart aka Clarke jack & axle stand combo set; the jack was rated Best Budget Buy in a Practical Classics test. It has an advantage over many competitors to me in that it will go really low; essential as I work on Minis a lot. Some jacks start higher and lift faster, OK for some but wouldn't suit me. My Kamasa jack (other best budget in the same test) won't go low enough for a Mini on 10" tyres.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Probably depends on what your definition of 'good' is, Halfords trolley jack and axle stands have been fine for me,

Reply to
Nick Dobb

I bought a 1.5 ton trolley jack from screwfix.com in one of their sales for the ridiculous price of £7.49 and wasn't expecting much. 2 years later with lots of use it has proved to be fine, except throw the carrying handle away as it will drop the jack on your foot the first time you carry it. I've just looked and they are still selling at £14.99

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds

As said before, Machine Mart do a decent jack and stand kit. If you are anywhere near Leicester, I have a good quality pair of stands (bought from M.Mart) which I used to use on my Land Rover.They are rated at 3 tonnes IIRC. £5 collected, as I no longer need them. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee