Flipping nut monkeys

I had a tyre replaced today. I had to go to ATS. This wasn't a choice=20 thing, it was a "let's not break the wheel while driving on a flat and=20 there's a tyre place ove there" thing.=20

I know I could have put the spare on and gone to somewhere more=20 trustworthy but I'll plead convenience. I obviously don't give off the=20 "knows a little about mechanics" scent or the "Can smell bullshit a mile=20 off" pheremone.=20

The new tyre went on. I was entertaining my toddler in the wainting room=20 during this process. When invited to come and pay, I was advised that I=20 needed new brake pads, the suspension bushes were badly worn and would I=20 like a quote for this work?=20

The brake pads are a whole week old (100 miles) so I pointed this out to=20 them and asked if they'd like to show me the wear. They declined and=20 told me the car was off the ramps. Well yes.. the bay it was in didn't=20 have any ramps and I pointed this out too.=20

At that point they knocked =A320 off the cost of the tyre. I don't think=20 they like being caught out at that game.=20

When I got home, I decided to inspect the bushes just in case. I grabbed=20 the wheel brace from the back seat and found I couldn't move any of the=20 nuts. I went into the garage and found the spider and still couldn't=20 move any nuts.=20

I didn't have a handy scaf bar so I ended up standing on one end of the=20 spider and pulling on the other to get a loud squeal as the massive=20 amount of tension on the wheel bolts slackened.

The bushes look fine. I will change to the spare in future.

Fecking fraudulent idiots.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

Trading standards time !

...and find out who the head of ATS is, and let *them* know too...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Trading standards time !

...and find out who the head of ATS is, and let *them* know too...

its only word of mouth between the two parties, he's not "actualy" been ripped off, not good practice i grant you, but he's not parted with any money or had any bits fitted that he didnt require, only the tyre which he required & as i see it he's £20 better off for that !

Reply to
reg

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Warwick saying something like:

Register a complaint with Trading Standards and even go down to the local cop shop and mention attempted fraud. Nothing will get done about it, but if enough people do that, somebody will go round eventually and mark their card.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

What about the next poor git who goes there, who maybe is not as on the ball?

Dave

Reply to
gort

ATS..say no more. Same monkeys who said one of my cars was too rotten to jack up to my missus so I went down with a lump hammer, brayed hell out of the jacking points, took the tyre off and threw it at the "mechanics" whilst chuntering something disparaging about quick fit morons "under my breath but loud enough to be heard".

Reply to
Conor

Not quite on topic, my pug failed mot at an independent on emissions retested at Kwik Fit and guess what Failed on Exhaust, needs new bac box, for defo and centre section( advisory ), front offside tyre dow to 1.6 (fail) and nearside 2mm ( advisory ) Is it my imagination o does Kwik Fit sell these items that it failed on...told the wife t bring it on home. Those cheeky chappies are getting a complaint put in they told me a fuel pipe was corroded to excess, but logged it throug the computer as a brake pipe and then wrote on the fail cert'. Avoi Kwik Fit, Alloa, Central Scotland

-- B00geyman

Reply to
B00geyman

It couldn't have been that tight, then :--)

Reply to
Art Deco