Where to put the oil

Hi,

I have a Citroen C15 Diesel and I can't find where to put the oil. This is normally obvious but I can't seem to find it. Please help!

Also, does it have to diesel oil or would the same stuff that goes in a Vauxhall Astra petrol car be ok?

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
mcgowana

Wikipedia:

"The oil filler moved from the crankcase cover to the dipstick housing."

If you don't have the handbook giving the grades and viscosity, I would have a look in Halfords, and find the spec in there. You can then check that information with what's on the can you have. (Or just buy the right stuff whilst there, obviously!)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

When I worked in a petrol station as a student I *just* managed to stop a young lady from putting petrol in the rocker box of a renault dauphine

Reply to
newshound
[...]

Back in the days when petrol was served by an attendant, I parked my Triumph motorcycle, removed the fuel cap, anD took the cap off the oil tank to check the level. Realising I needed oil, I went in the shop to buy some.

By the time I returned, the attendant had filled the oil tank to the brim with petrol!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Probably thinking it was like one of the Jags with a petrol tank on each side! Not obvious how you recover that, other than drain and refill. I think I'd have been tempted to lay the bike down and pour the mess on the forecourt.

Reply to
newshound
[...]

Oh, I did drain it on the forecourt, but didn't make a mess.

I had some difficulty persuading the manager to supply the oil FOC, but persistence paid off!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The XUD has a combined dipstick and oil filler, pull out the stick and unclip the bung.

If this is not obvious to you, take it to someone who is familliar.

No, petrol-engine graded oil will not do. Use a dedicated diesel oil, 10w-40 viscosity.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Not necessarily as the oil nowadays can be used in both, just make sure its the correct specification, and that it complies with the engine manufactures recommendations.

Engine (D) EDGE 5W-40 (a) 4.6 Magnatec 10W-40 A3/B4

Manual Transmission Syntrax Universal Plus 75W-90 1.4 / 1.8

a. Engine oil viscosity recommendations: -30°C to 40°C, 5W-40; -20°C to

40°C, 10W-40; -12°C to 40°C, 15W-40; -12°C to 50°C, 15W-50; -5°C to 50°C, 20W-50. From 2001 model year viscosity grade is listed for all temperatures above -20°C; check manual for alternative viscosities which may vary according to model.
Reply to
Rob