Why does diesel cost so much more than petrol

Diesel is the other way round - heating large poorly insulated American houses takes a lot of fuel oil which is similar to diesel so that drives up prices in the winter for diesel.

Reply to
Chris Street

In news: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk, sa3214 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nah, they only do it to irritate the cheapskates who insist on driving Diesel engined cars.

It's quite funny to listen to them in the pub.. "My Vectra diesel does 500 miles for £50 quid", week later "my Vectra diesel does 480 miles for £50" and so on.

If you must insist on driving, at least use a real engine. Not a diesel.

:-)

Reply to
Pete M