Window dropped (mk4 golf)

It was a matter of time before this happened and all the tie I said got to have a go at this job lol and now its happened on a bank holiday Monday lol. :(

I have spent the last 40 minutes stripping the door down, the good news is the window did not shatter! bag news is the window regulator clips well one of 2 has broken in 3 pieces found laying at the bottom of the door.

First problem I can't seem to undo the door lock module power cable ? its mutantly on tight or am I missing something ?

Other than that everything is stripped down and ready to go..

I guess it a call to VW in the morning or GSF for a repair kit or new skin.Probly going to go the way of the repair kit I think its about £40 as oposed to £90 for a new skin.

Any advice welcomed on this job ? never touched this sort of thing before .... :)

Theres is on thing that confuses me and thats the order the nipples of the cable ends go onto the new clips ?

Thanks

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

You are Stanley Unwin and I claim my five free Poundiloads.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot