Lowering exhaust Puggy 206 SW

I finally got the towbar fitted but the exhaust is very slightly too high. The tip of the pipe hits the towbar but only when the car is in reverse.

How do I lower the exhaust? It only needs 1-2".

Thanks M

Reply to
Miffed

Personally I'd be changing the obviously worn exhaust rubbers first and seeing if that did the job.

Reply to
Conor

bend the support brackets a bit or just carefully stand on the end of the exhaust, or squeeze the pipe end a little, or cut the end off and/or put a chome end with a bend on.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for reply. I had a new tail pipe fitted last year and am not sure whether to blame the exhaust or the towbar. I managed to get underneath it and the rubbers seem fine. There are two metal rods which the rubbers are attached to which might need bending down and also a 'cradle' around the back box. but buggered if I can bend any of them. I might have to pop it into the local exhaust bodger to get them bent.

Reply to
Miffed