winter driving: sales of antifreeze and snow chains up

I just used google to convert the US quarts into litres, so according to thed escription, this should be for anything from 15 litres. Our cars only have 5 litres, so perhaps I should look for a heater suitable for a smaller volume. Knowing my luck the smaller heaters will be 110v only. I suppose they could be run from a transformer but that's extra hassle. Or do all US cars have massive engines with massive coolant volumes?

I suppose a CH pump would be ideal, after all, they are designed to move hot water around pipe work but they are a bit bulky. I guess I'd have to see if there was room to include one.

I could not find a manufacturer's web site but did find a few reviews claiming the heaters died pretty quickly but other people replied that failures were due to mounting incorrectly, so that the hot water did not rise.

Reply to
Stephen

Just add a thermostatic switch

Reply to