Wiper Fault

Car : 1998 Corsa!

Problem : 1. Its a corsa

Problem : 2. Noted today that when the wipers are operated in the intermittent position the up swing is fine, but the down stroke has gotten progressively more juddery, to the point where is paused mid swing for a few seconds, then judders back home.

Wipers are fine in the "normal on" position, but in the "fast on" position have always had the juddery type movement, I just assumed it to be quality vx parts.

Also on the downstroke on the intermittent setting, the radio crackles....

Feeding this into the grey matter leads me to conclude there is likely to be a scabby connection somewhere..... any offers..... I'm thinking it must be near the motor, perhaps on some microswitch, anyone know if the motor is dismatleable?

Anyone fancy the switch being the problem?

As it is persisting down, it will have to wait - for now!!

Your learned opinions will be welcome!

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Could be the motor or the relay. I had similar problem with my Peugeot, only fixed the problem when I changed the motor.

Reply to
Nick

It's more likely the connections to the motor. These are exposed in an area where, at best, rain water flows and are liable to corrosion. While in that area, put some oil onto the linkage joints and see what happens.

Reply to
dp