Wrong Fuel

Dear Group Members

I have inadvertently put the wrong fuel in my 1947 Whittington Thrungebucket. Mistaking the battery filler holes for the firebox door, my manservant shovelled in 3 buckets of finest Welsh anthracite. Of course I had the blighter thrashed (as any caring master would) but, knowing nothing about these horseless carriage beasts, my great chum Bunty Wortheringthorpe advised me to condescend to speak to you rabble. Will the addition of anthracite to the Oil of Vitriol cause any mishap to occur and should I compensate by adding Oil of Vitriol to the firebox?

Yours

Beaudegard

Reply to
Sir Hubert Beaudegarde

Probably too late, the anthracite will have COALesced by now

Reply to
Jimmy

The message from "Sir Hubert Beaudegarde" contains these words:

Save the Oil of Vitriol for your manservant. You'll need to break the lead straps between the cells of the battery, seperate the cells, then using a blowlamp (beware of the risk of explosion both from hydrogen and, in your case, coal dust) warm the pitch that seals the vulcanite lid to the cell. Once it's warm enough you should be able to withdraw the lid, bringing the plates with it.

Rinse these thoroughly in low quality single malt and sloosh out the bottom of the cell with cats widdle.

Once all the coal is removed, replace the lid and run some fresh pitch round the crack to seal it again. Using a moleskin and a blowtorch, reconnect the lead straps. Refill with fresh smoking vitriol and charge for ten hours.

I assumed the manservant is going to be doing all this? In which case you can speed up the process by omitting any safety precautions - after all the blighter deserves it.

Reply to
Guy King

just google for it, this has come up several times recently.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Never mind that, how's the drainage in the lower field?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Go back to equestrian transport, old boy. These new-fangled horseless carriages are becoming popular with the hoipolloi, who are adding extra-large chimneys, lowered leafsprings and taking extra-loud string quartets along in an attempt to impress the ladies. You don't want any part of that, I assure you.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Zog The Undeniable wrote in news:442456aa.0@entanet:

Arf !!!

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Yes, back to what my father (born in 1901) used to call a "hay burner".

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Then some of the misfueling possibilities could be described as "delicious".

John

Reply to
John Henderson