Equivalents to a car's CO2 output?

Anyone know any?

I remember Clarkson saying that the few drops of petrol which can be spilt when filling a car is equivalent to so many thousands of mile's emissions for a modern car.

What about a farting cow? More pollutants than a new Micra?

Big trees? Is it cheaper, environmentally, to run a 1986 BMW than a large oak tree or do they make up for their CO2 output sufficiently by sucking it back in again?

New Volvos have a coating on the radiator which converts low level ozone into oxygen; shouldn't the government pay the driver tax for improving the environment?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

To which the stock answer is: I'll drink two drops of petrol if Clarkson will stay in a sealed garage with a revving car for a week. Clarkson was confusing the tiny HC emissions with the 99.9% of other emissions.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Surely trees use carbon dioxide and exhaust oxygen... at least that's what I was taught at school!

Reply to
loony

In article , loony

Reply to