X reg Zafira 2.0 DI Elegance - Cam belt or chain?

Hi Guys

Just got an X reg Zafira 2.0 DI (80BHP). I read in an old post in this group that this engine has a chain-driven camshaft, not belt driven. Is this correct, and if so, am I immune from the 40,000 mile cam belt change?

Cheers Phil

Reply to
Phil Wilson

Phil,

I've a 2000 V reg with the same engine, and my mechanic assures me that it is a chain and not a belt.

HTH

SteveB

Reply to
Steve Bilton

Hi Steve

Thanks for that. Looks like I can afford to buy my wife an extra Christmas present. Not!

Cheers Phil

Reply to
Phil Wilson