Zafira spare tyre release???

I've lost the manual to my zafira and i'm wondering how I'm supposed to release the spare tyre??

I've looked for a winch type thing inside the car but dont see one.

Can anyone help?

Stu.

Reply to
lipraloof

Hi Stu,

Open the under-floor tool compartment at the back of the boot and release the hex nut with the wheel bolt wrench. Keep turning until your arm falls off and you can then release the catch underneath (usually by taking the weight of the cage so you can unclip the catch).

Owen

PS If you go to the Vauxhall website you can download a pdf of the Manual

Go to Owners,

there's a MyVauxhall bit (just left of centre), you register with youremail address and log in, then there's a link to online manuals (vehicle andaudio systems) going back 2 or 3 years

Reply to
OG

( snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Are they still under the boot floor, outside the car? If so, just park it in a slightly pikey area overnight. When you return, somebody will have kindly released it for you.

Reply to
Adrian