Strange clonk ??

Hello All,

Just wanted to pick the brains of this group's members - I have an 03 MX5 1.8i Sport and just recently it's started to make a strange clonking noise. The noise only seems to happen when I brake quite hard, and have a fair amount of right lock on. The noise seems to be coming from the NSF ( UK Kerbside front wheel ) corner, and sounds like a broken spring or a loose roll bar ? I've checked these, checked that everything is tight and there doesn't seem to be any play in the wheel bearing. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the cause mihgt be ??

Also, does anyone know if the US Mazdaspeed Miata is likely to make it across to the UK ?? - You guys seem to get all the best toys !! :-)

Reply to
Mark

Isn't the kerbside in the UK on the left side rather than the US right side corner? Is your left the same as a US left? I mean, left in the US would mean Drivers side. However, that would be passenger side in UK? Oh, nevermind. Jim Jim's Miata Web Page

Reply to
Jim

I cannot speak for Tony Blair, but this seems unlikely.

Dog side. A man's best friends are his dog and his horse. You are not seriously suggesting to put a horse in a Miata?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Gee Leon,

We all seem to be looking for more horses. I don't think you should care what side he rides on. I think it's the rear end of the horse that we need to keep out from behind the steering wheel, no mater what side we drive from, :-)

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN