2000 Camry and 2000 Solara, oil drain plug and tire lug sizes and torques.

Hi all,

I did check my owners manuals. I also checked manuals on line at

I found the specs for wheel lug torques to be 76 ft-lb for the Solara and 77 for the Camry. Is it any different for Aluminum wheels? I know for new aluminum wheels I should re-check the torque after 1000 miles.

I still need to know:

2000 Solara V6 oil drain plug torque. I'm guestimating it's 33 ft- lbs, as it is for some other years for similar models I think.

2000 Camry 4 cylinder drain plug torque. I'm guestimating it's 18 ft- lbs, as it is for some other years for similar models I think.

Lug size: 3/4" roughly fits but what's the metric size? I need to buy a socket so I can use the torque wrench.

Oil drain plug size: I need to buy a socket so I can use the torque wrench.

Thanks for any help. Paul

Reply to
Paul Stivers

The specs you listed above are for alloy wheels.

Try 33 foot pounds on drain plugs with a 14 mm head.

14 mm for the drain plug, 21 mm deep for the lug nuts so that the torque wrench handle will clear the wheel and tire.
Reply to
Ray O

I don't think Toyota differentiates alloy and steel wheels. However most lugs should be 21mm, not the 19mm (3/4") you mentioned. That's rare.

3/8" torque wrench will be at the upper end. Should work, but for this I'd prefer a 1/2" drive.

Harbor Freight is runn> Hi all,

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks a bunch Ray and John. I have both a 3/8" and 1/2" drive torque wrench so good to go there. Just need the sockets. Thanks again!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Stivers

You're welcome!