Any Problems with New Folding Hardtop yet??

I am seriously thinking about getting a new Miata with a folding hardtop. I had a 1996 which I bought new and had for 6 years before I had to sell it when I was assigned in Paris. Now I am coming back and am not sure what to do. Get a used Miata and wait a few years or go ahead for the new one.

What do you think?

Reply to
George Orwell

My wife has had a folding hard top for 3 weeks which so far has worked flawlessly. Only snag is that you need to be stationary for 12 seconds while it completes its movement. Tricky at traffic lights! Our old 2002 I could get up or down in about 2 seconds. Does look nice down though. No boot to worry about. Car is not quite so pretty overall I think. It is a little different than the soft top.

Reply to
The Invisible Man

I though it was okay to let it do it's thing at slow speeds. I'm pretty sure a SAAB allows for up to 30 mph when folding it's roof, so it may be worth checking how it is with the MX-5.

Kind regards Bruno

Reply to
Bruno