Anyone having any problems with PRHT model?

Lucky me that mine' a '94, then. The paint is still ok, except it has aged a slight bit differently on the plastic bits than on the metal.

:-)

Personal taste, obviously. But I think there's so many nice features on the car lost in dark color - like the huge front opening, the rear lights etc...

Plus I think the Miata is following the classic english sports cars and shouldn't come in fancy colors. I like the original white, the red and the blue... something like silver metallic is already a bit too fashionable in my eyes ;-)

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges

And combining threads...... any comments on pink? ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

Leon made a truly classic post, it should NOT be allowed to be forgotten..... otherwise, he'll eventually live it down and we can't let that happen can we?

Reply to
XS11E

Guess :->

Reply to
Marc Gerges

I think that they had it fixed by then. The fading will be the case with any car that hasn't been garaged most of its life or waxed fanatically. My red is defintely different shades after 16 years.

That is funny, the open mouth is exactly one of the reasons that I like the darker colors better, because it is not as obvious with them.

Also, each of the "M" edition M1 miatas had one feature that the rest did not, and that was the same color used on the entire car instead of having a black band around the bottom. The difference is subtle, but much better and more clean looking, imo.

The original Smurf blue? We definitely have different tastes. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Old school eh? Nothing wrong with that but, silver (a good silver) shows curves / contours so well, it's amazing.

Of course Black is bad, really BAD ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I see no reason to take issue with Iva's post. She clearly is safety conscious and believes Miatas should not be overly fast. She does not want the car to be more than her capability to control it, you see.

I think Iva is very sensible.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I don't think I'm one of those people. I find that I don't have enough time to enjoy my stuff as it is already.

Eh, a lot of cars do that after a while.

It can't be much worse than my SO's daily-driver Infiniti FX.

I'll see you an '89 Ford Taurus SHO I owned quite a while ago; my left leg got quite a workout.

You must have a lot of groceries to buy. I've never had a hard time finding enough room in the Miata for groceries for my family of three.

Welcome!

Reply to
tooloud

That's a rather specific situation, don't you think?

Reply to
tooloud

Ah, another person that won't buy something for fear that it will break. How do you ever enjoy things when you look at it in those terms?

I've got a friend whose father purchased nothing but Cadillacs. The first thing he always did was remove the hood ornament because "someone might steal it".

Reply to
tooloud

Nope, it's an every day situation for me and thousands of others.

Do you know you're replying to a week old post?

Reply to
XS11E

Gave it some thought, and what I appreciate most is that I can choose between cars about as far away from each other as they could be. So one day I can enjoy the Mazda and the next one the Prius or the Citroën. It's the mix that makes it :-)

You've got to admit that the fact you're driving around with a family bag of toilet paper rolls removes some of that 'cool sports car' cachet ;-)

Thanks.

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges

Here people keep buying boring Passats and the like at premium prices 'because the resale value is so good'. They go on driving around in these things for years looking forward to sell them.

Some people have weird ways of enjoying things.

Actually, reconsidering it - remembering my last rental Passat - I can perfectly understand why one would be looking forward to get rid of it :-)

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges

"pws" wrote

Not true! My '97 Touring is all one color as well.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Sure, but it's not the reason that most of the people that leave their "fun car" parked all week do so.

That's not allowed?

Reply to
tooloud

You did it again. It's allowed but it's sorta futile replying into a thread that died days back....

Reply to
XS11E

If the thread is dead, don't reply to him. As you continue to respond to his postings, the thread is not dead.

HTH, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Then why do you keep responding?