Automatically replace shock boots (and other nearby parts) with shocks?

If I am getting my shocks replaced at ~40K miles, I should probably replace the boots at the same time, yes?

One thing that puzzles me is, good-win-racing.com wants 29.95 for each "factor shock boot" (this is for an '03, so no bump stops attached to them), and they seem to have decent pricing with some other items I have looked at.

But miatazone sells an "OE" boot for only 11.77.

That's a huge difference unless I'm missing something!

Also wondering, while I'm at it, if it's necessary to replace those other parts nearby, such as the bushings and mounts. Do bumpstops wear out? If I were faced with replacing those I would lean toward options that are stock-legal in autocross (if anything other than OEM qualifies), though I suppose that isn't an absolute if there's a huge gain to be had.

As always, thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Eric

Reply to
earache