Away for a few days...

Alan, I am very sorry to hear this. As bad as it is right now, it will actually get worse after shock wears off and the loss sets in. I wish you didn't have to go through this.

Best wishes,

Dave

Reply to
Dave Cartman

condolences Alan, went through that three years ago with my father... healthy one day, gone, 4 weeks later, not fun... but it gives you a clear perspective life is super short, enjoy those who are still with you, and live life TODAY and forever remember the little gems your father taught you.

don't leave hammers out in the rain...

daughters are just like their mothers...

are my favs...

oxford

Reply to
Oxford

Sorry to hear this. I lost my father unexpectedly a few years ago; it's hard.

Reply to
Steve Hix

Sorry about your loss.

Reply to
IS

My deepest symathies Alan.

I lost my father when I was 16; it still is difficult certain days. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Reply to
assimilate

I'm sorry to learn of your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Reply to
Sermo Malifer

My sincere condolences. You are a strong person and you will get through this.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Reply to
Nashton

My condolences, Alan. It's a tough thing to go through.

Reply to
Carbon

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Alan Baker wrote in article :

It's hard enough when the dying drags out as it did for both my father and my mother, but when it's sudden there's an extra poignancy as those left behind realize all the conversations and actions left undone.

Reply to
Don Kirkman

It doesn't get easier, it just hurts a little less with time. I share your loss.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Expectantly, after 5 years in a nursing home is not easy either.

Reply to
Walter Bushell