battery fuse (?)

I let the battery go low over the winter and had to give myself a jump from my other car to start. Then I went to the auto store to get a trickle charger --- I thought I had enough charge to restart, but I was wrong. When I tried to give myself a jump with the other car, I must have crossed the cables --- in any event, I could not give myself a jump. I'm suspecting a blown fuse somewhere. Any ideas? Is there an in-line fuse for the battery (Westco replacement battery for 1993 Miata). TIA

McDuck

Reply to
mcduck

Ha! I beat you--I did that two weeks ago today!

Check the 80 amp fuse under the hood, near the passenger side firewall. That's all that went wrong with my '95, but you'll need a socket set to get the fuse out.

Reply to
tooloud

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thank you both. It was the fuse. I replaced it and got the car started without a problem. I think I would have tugged a while on the fuse without the warning that it was bolted on .

Reply to
mcduck