belts

How do we remove the drive and altenator belts on a 1993 Mazda Protege. We have tried and can't get them off.

Reply to
Tootie1960

"Tootie1960" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Do you have a shop manual? Chilton manual? Haynes manual? If not try getting a manual and see if the procedure is shown. Your local library may have shop manuals as well, usually you can't take them out but you can read them there.

Reply to
XS11E

If you plan to continue to do work on your car I'd advise to buy a shop manual. If not, the suggestion to go to the library is good, and most libraries have a copy machine you can use to copy a few pages that you might need.

Reply to
Bipestuff

You can always cut them off. Unfortunately, that still leaves you with the other half of the problem.

Reply to
Chuck