Brake Squeal

Just had a mechanic put in a new set of Hawk brakepads on my 2000 and they squeal often and loud. The previous set of pads were the same (although installed by a different mechanic) and they harldy ever squealed.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mike Gortych

Hi Mike,

Permatex makes a spray-on product called "disk brake quiet." You apply it to the backs of the pads before installation. I have used it and it does the job.

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

Mike,

I had the same problem the first time I change the pads on my '92. I placed anti-squeal compound on the old shims to no avail. I replace the pads again the following year and used all new hardware. The brake squeal has never returned.

Gary

Reply to
JDMX5er

I'd take it back to them and tell them your friends all say they must not have used the anti-squeal compound on the backs of the pads. Heck, they won't hardly let you out of an auto parts store when buying pads, w/o promissing them you already have some of that stuff or buying some (it's $1 a pack and usually is enough to do the whole car).

Later, Chris

92BB&T

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo