Clutch peddle Squeak any ideas?

Clutch peddle has high frequency squeak that comes and goes when peddle pushed. Tried silicon and W2 but no effect. Any ideas? It's a 94 with positraction and special handling suspension only 15K miles.

Reply to
George

If the squeak only occurs while the engine is running in neutral, and stops when the slack is taken out of the clutch pedal, apply a dab of grease to the end of the slave cylinder pushrod where it contacts the throwout arm. The fix will last longer if you clean off the rust first.

I used white lithium spray, but a waterproof wheel bearing grease is probably even better.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

No this noise seems to be inside right at the peddle. I thought it might be the rod to the clutch master cylinder going through the firewall or the peddle bearing. It is not related to engine running or not. If you work the peddle a bunch of times it will stop but then return. Thank for idea.

Reply to
George

"George" wrote

This is very common with Miatas that are not driven daily. My '97 gets only

4,000 miles per year and can sit for a couple of weeks at a time. The squeak comes and goes and seems to get worse in high humidity.

I've tried all sorts of lubricants on all sorts of places with limited success. I think it's the pivot point of the pedal arm. I can actually feel the stiction when moving the clutch pedal. I suppose a total disassembly, new bushing and a good lubing would solve the problem for a while. I figure it's my Miata complaining about not being driven enough.

Reply to
Ken Lyons