Can I use a Miata trailer on a Protege?

I own a 2000 Mazda Protege ES

Nice car and GREAT reliability but a little boring at times and no way to haul CARGO at all. If I want to go to best buy to purchase a new 20: TV... I cant even get the box inside the Protege trunk or back seat

Soooo..... I'm wondering if I can buy and use a small trailer for a Miata with my Protege?

That way I could haul things NOW.... but also have the trailer for when I do buy a Miata.

Will it work? What's a trailer cost?

Reply to
me

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I investigated small trailers, look at Harbor Freight and check this one out:

5557-15476-4X6XG&lpage=none

Reply to
XS11E

I've used a friend's trailer from Harbor Freight with no complaints. To me, the only reason to consider the one Lowe's sells is if you have a need to roll heavy things up onto the trailer. Their trailer has a tailgate that folds down and is big enough to use as a ramp - the Harbor Freight one doesn't. Also, if I remember right, you do have to add your own flooring to the Harbor Freight trailer, but then the $300 saved can buy a lot of exterior plywood!

Randy

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

check this one out:

5557-15476-4X6XG&lpage=none

Reply to
BCRandy

"BCRandy" wrote in news:_%u0g.2545$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net:

Which is exactly why I'm looking at the Lowes trailer and not the HF.

Depends entirely which HF trailer you get, they list a bunch of them.

Reply to
XS11E

Yeah..... I could get one of those

But I was thinking more along the lines of a nice looking Miata trailer that I could not only use for utility purposes.... but also use to haul luggage and clothes and such when traveling

Reply to
me

I don't think there's any such thing as a "Miata trailer." A trailer is a trailer; so log as it and the car agree on ball size and wiring, they work. So you should be able to use any lightweight trailer, and there are hundreds of manufacturers in the US.

Don't know what you consider "utility", but if you want something small and enclosed you might consider larger motorcycle trailers, made for towing behind Valkyries, Gold Wings, and such.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

OK

I actually thought they made a specific trailer for the Miata's

Reply to
me

Reply to
Chuck