2000 Mazda Protege ES :Check engine light came on

Today, for very first time ever, the heck engine light
came on in my 2000 Mazda Protege ES with 115k mile on
it.
It doesn't seem to being running rough or anything.
matter of fact I cant tell ANY diff in the performance.
I've checked all the fluids and they seem OK.
Any advice on what it might be before I take it to the
dealer and they scalp me?
I want to add that last summer I had the timing belt,
tensioners, and water pump changed and a tune up as
well
Reply to
me
wrote:
None whatsoever. That light means that there is a code message from the computer. Until you know what that code is, you have no idea what the problem is. It could be trivial, it could be catastrophic, it's all the same unless you have a code reader.
Some auto parts stores will loan you a code reader for free so you can see what the code is. Then at least you'll be able to ask the right questions. --scott
Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Site Timeline Threads