Back..need another Miata

Hello. Suppose I should "re-introduce" myself. I used to post here as someone else. Someone may remember 1 1/2 years ago I ran over a 10 ton hydraulic jack with my 91, it fell off the back of a tow truck going down I-20. Only $1000 in damage (replaced oil pan), felt lucky. Got a lot of advice from people here on changing pan (the best advice was let someone else do it). Anyway, went to Iraq on a contract and sold my 91 and my GW before leaving. I (and the wife agrees) that we had a lot of fun with that little car. Especially our drives down the Natchez Trace. So, were looking for another one. SInce I am not rich, I am going for another stock 90-93 model. I paid $3500 for mine in mint condition (brand new top, custom rims and premium stereo) with 90,000 miles. I sold it for $3000. It went 30 minutes after speaking to the first buyer. So I have a couple of questions.

  1. Does anyone here have a 90-93 Miata for sale near Jackson, MS?

  1. Is there a website where people list thier Miatas for sale (Other than ebay)?

  2. I know the blue book doesnt always accuratly depict market values for Miatas. So, should I be able to get a decent 100,000 miler, say a 91 for 00 or less? Is that a realistic expectation to pay?

TIA Jeff

Reply to
JeffinMS

Here are two.

First I would try

It lets you search by your zip code and put in how far you are willing to travel.

The other is the classifeds section on

but you have to get lucky and find someone nearby selling the car you are looking for.

Yes, a well-maintained '91 for $3,000.00 is not unrealistic. It won't be new and you can expect a few repairs before too long, (I just replaced the leaking clutch master cylinder on my 141,000 mile 1991 miata), but it could still be very reliable and definitely fun. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Oh yeah, welcome back.

Pat

Reply to
pws

You may want to try craigslist.org. I think they have a listing for Jackson MS.

Reply to
brian734