Cloth vs Vinyl Top

I'm looking at buying my first Miata. I believe the 2003 LS comes with a cloth top, while the base model comes with a vinyl one. What, if any, are the advantages of one material over the other?

Reply to
AlanRab

The cloth looks much better. I have the vinyl which was the only option in

99 except for the color. I bought the LE-1 package: leather, Bose etc so it came with tan. When my top needs to be replaced I will go with the sailcloth

Reply to
Mr B

Alan, in your #2 pic., on the back of the filter, you can see HKS markings go to their web site and look That also may be a cleanable foam unit (like Jackson Racing unit) You may just be able to clean in soap & water and reoil with the JR cleaning kit.

Good luck.

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

SORRY Alan, That reply was ment for Mat with the Air Filter question. My fingers were in the wrong place at the right time :-) I'm sure your cloth top would look like hell using a JR filter cleaning kit on it !

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

You're too late, I already tried it on the cloth top! It's now as clean as a whistle. Thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Reply to
AlanRab