oil change

Hi, I have a 2003 miata and its ready for its first oil change. Is there anything I need to know about changing the oil such as a "special" tool or part or the likes? Or is it pretty much drain the pan and replace the filter? Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul D'Agostino

Have a look at

Specifically,

Oil filter access is the bugaboo, and may require a special tool or procedure depending on your selection of oil filter.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers K6JQ

The Mazda oil filter is generally considered to be better than most or all of the aftermarket filters. Its small size is more than offset by the amount and quality of the filtration medium inside, and it has the proper pressure relief valve limit.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Reply to
Slowpoke