Roll bar

My wife and son thing the little Miata would look really cool with a roll bar installed. They both like the looks of the double hoop, but we have one little problem; I am blind. I remember quite well what the regular bar looks like but never have seen a double hoop and I would like to see what the double does to interior space. Is there anyone in the Aurora, IL. area (west of Chicago) that knows where I can see and touch such a beast?

----- Clark Friedrichs / snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Clark Friedrichs

There is one real double-hoop rollbar that doesn't intrude at all on cockpit space, the Hard Dog Deuce. Here are some links to pages with lots of photos, which your family can describe to you:

The Deuce has diagonal bracing to the rear, which of course occupies some space on the parcel shelf. It's available in black powder coat or polished stainless steel.

There are a number of double-hoop style bars, which are purely cosmetic and offer no rollover protection. Some of them limit seat travel, others claim not to.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

ANOTHER QUESTION: Do I have to remove factory windblocker to install a roll bar (double U shaped)??? ul.es.a

I'm from chicago You will see one with roll-bar in two weeks....

Regards, Ul.es.a

Reply to
ul.es.a