Comments about replacing/covering damaged front cowling

Hey all,

I've got a damaged front cowling. The driver side front corner was whacked by the previous owner. It's ugly, but I've been covering it up with the bra.

I've got a '90 Mariner Blue. I've been patiently waiting for the local junkyard source to get one in undamaged, but still nothing 10 months after I started looking.

While browsing ebay the other day, I noticed this auction:

$30084724 The text states this goes over an existing cowling. Basically a hard bra. Please comment, as I'd never known of or considered something like this.

While we're at it, do you perhaps know of another source for a front cowling? Mariner Blue is the key, as I don't imagine painting such plastic would look so hot. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for any comments, Doug

Reply to
Doug

All front fascias are painted, and any body shop can mix the flexible paint required. Buy one from your dealer, or check the vendors on miata.net.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

$30084724

It doesn't say it goes over the existing cowling. It says it goes over the bumper. It looks to me like it replaces the front cowling, which is what you really want anyway, isn't it?

-- Tonyrama Crystal White '93 A

Reply to
tonyrama

You know you're right. It would in essence be a hard bra. In that case, I'm not sure it's a wise investment. Why not take that money and apply it to a real replacement bumper?

I'm a novice at body panel stuff and am learning as I go. Another post mentioned that flexible paint exists. I may just get a bumper of another color and have it painted.

Doug

Reply to
Doug