cyl head removal and oil pan removal.

"Lanny Chambers" wrote

For the cost of 4-5 quarts of oil a year, he should rebuild the top end? I know, I know....there is an environmental cost as well. I hate to think about how much oil coated the highways and byways (and air) of Virginia from my $500 Mini-Cooper.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Of course not. Just keep an eye on it--sometimes bad rings get much worse in a hurry, and visible smoke (~500 miles/quart) is time to start planning one's next move.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

We lost a local high school teacher three days ago. She was driving a '99 miata but it sounds like the car itself was not hit. The miata slid into a guardrail during bad weather in West Texas. She got out of the car and was hit by an 18 wheeler that lost control. She died, her daughter was not injured. Definitely gotta be careful out there.

Pat

Reply to
pws

True