Dashboard Rocker Switches?

My 1992 Miata has three switch sockets to the left of the steering wheel. The center one contains the dashboard lamps dimmer switch and the other two are empty. Does anyone know where I could get a rocker switch that would fit one of the other openings? My dealer cannot seem to find a Mazda switch other than the dimmer.

Thank-you!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I've got one I'll sell you for $20. It's a fog-light switch I ordered for my 96 and never used. IIRC it was $40 new.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Grant Edwards wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@grante.rivatek.com:

if he doesn't want it I"ll take it. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
MLB

I would like it. Sent you an email (bluefrog.com)

Mike

Reply to
Mike

couldn't you just put two add'l 'dummy' dimmer switches in there? Would that look terrible?

Are they cheap?

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

If you're just trying to fill the switch bays up the third switch that goes in there is for the rear defogger. When I installed a hard top I got this switch from the dealer for around $40.00.

Paco

97 Montego Blue Miata 91 Toyota Previa 77 Suzuki RE5
Reply to
Pacocase

Thank you Paco.

I have already located a fog light switch from a fellow Miata owner.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

As far as I know, the OEM possibilities in that left lower panel include cruise control master switch, instrument dimmer, foglights, and hardtop rear defroster. (Some years do not use a separate switch for the defroster--it runs off a timer in the fan switch.)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers