Different OEM air filters

I recently replaced my air filter, and the OEM replacement from Trussville has white filter media with relatively wide folds. The original filter (presumably installed in Hiroshima) has orange filter media with relatively tight folds. I'm curious the difference between the two, other than probably being different sources to Mazda.

A cheap-n-dirty test I use to estimate filter flow is simply blow on the filter and see if I can feel air movement on the other side. The replacement (white) filter seemed to flow much more this way than the somewhat dirty orange filter I replaced.

Anyone else notice the different OEM filters ?

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers K6JQ