AIR FILTER

'Service Engine Soon' light came on in my '00 Max....dealer said the air

flow meter needed to be replaced and noted that I had did not have an OEM

air filter installed....he suggested that this could have caused the flow

meter problem....it is true that I put a Canadian Tire air filter in just

over a month ago but does anyone think that this could have caused the flow

meter to foul up?

Reply to
sammy

I seriously doubt it...

Reply to
Dan

Adding to M. Balls' post... IIRC the high-flow oiled filters, like

K&N, were the "some aftermarket" types they were talking about. The

issue is that if too much oil is sprayed on it comes off in the air

stream fouling the MAF and cannot be cleaned off without damaging it.

I wonder how many Nissan service dept's use Genuine Nissan air

filters.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh