door lock sounds

Hello,

I have an 03 I just got it a few weeks ago. I love everything about it except I have a few questions I can't find in the manual. How do I disable the lights flashing and horn beeping when I lock and unlock the doors? Also, where the heck are the plugs and wires on this car? They don't seem to be easily accessible. I finally found the battery though! that is an unusual spot for battery.

Thanks!

Reply to
Don Moore

I too have an '03, but unlike your's, mine doesn't have P/door locks or alarm. But! just like yours, mine does have the factory warranty that is still in effect. To keep the warranty effective, I am taking mine to an authorized dealership to have it serviced at the appropriate intervals. Mine is about due for it's 30,000 mile tune-up at which time they will replace the plugs and wires as well as the filters (fuel & air). If you want to know how to get to the plugs and wires, ask your Mazda Mechanic to show you. Devolope a rapport with your mechanic. He will be a good friend to have in times of need. The dealership that sold me my '03 just started their franchise so I'm going another dealership a bit out of my way to have the servicing done by a seasoned Mazda mech.

As for the battery, they are a sealed unit that needs very little to no servicing and having them in the trunk on the passenger side transfers some weight to the rear of the car keeping it at the ideal 50/50 weight distribution.

I just got mine on the 28th of June. After driving Opel GT's for the last 20 or so years, I find it a nice refreshing change. It gets better milage, it's quite a bit quicker, handles better and best of all, it is a convertable!

It may be a while though before I change my address to " snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net".

Todd Benson snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
opeltodd

That may not be easy as it can very well be a 3rd party system. Look for clues on what sort of alarm system you have and try to google from there.

Not exactly sure what you mean - do you mean the fuse box (surely you not missing the spark plugs?)?

I finally found the battery though! that is an

All in the name of perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

Kind regards Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Ya, the spark plugs and wires are where (as my mother used to say) 'if they were a snake, they'd bite you!'

Now, if you're looking for a traditional distributor, this could tend to be a bit illusive ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

AH I see the now. They are top middle of engine, I was looking on side. What are the strange looking plug wires? Why do they have some sort of connectors on them?

Reply to
Don Moore

They're not that uncommon of a type of plug wire these days. The plug's down fairly deep in the engine so it has a long rigid tube that goes down to it and I think the top is just configured that way to give you a bit of a finger hold to grab them and pull them up. Personally, I would think they could come up with a much better 'finger grab' than that but ....

Of course be careful when removing / replacing them that you don't mix up the sequence. I think on my NAPA set, the first 2 shortest wires are equal length.

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo