EGR valve problem?

I had the check engine light on my 2000 Mata analyzed and the read-out was "excessive EGR flow" Can anyone tell me if this means something other than a bad EGR valve? I'm hoping for something simple since it appears that an EGR valve is about $300. Thanks for your help.

Clark Smith

Reply to
Clark Smith

You need to clean the passageway in the intake manifold that leads to the EGR valve first, before replacing the valve itself. Go to the folowing link for information. I just did this to my '99 and it cured the problem.

Clark Smith wrote:

Reply to
DBLZOOM