Eunos Roadster: Catalyser fuse

Quite some time ago I found out that the Eunos Roadsters have a fuse on the catalyser which, when burned out (through overheating the cat for example) causes the Engine Overheat light to go on. I'm now trying to find out more information about this again, namely how to replace it. However, I have no idea where I found out about this anymore and can't find the info anywhere - can anyone help?

Thanks

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

From what I remember of the US car models that had this feature (quite awhile ago in the pre OBD days), the cat was assumed to be clogged, and thus replacement was needed.

Reply to
Chuck

In my case that's not the case - the cat itself is fine, it's just the fuse that's blown. I'm trying to figure out how to replace it.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

What caused the cat to overheat? Can you obtain access to the "blown fuse"? Chances are that it grounded a sense wire, possibly thru some small resistance.

Reply to
Chuck

Irregular firing due to old ignition cables. This happened a couple of years ago and I've just been living with the fact that the fuse went and that the Engine Overheat light has been permanently on as a result. I thought I'd get it fixed now, though, for no particular reason.

Haven't crawled underneath yet.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Most people just disconnect it to get rid of the HEAT light on the dash. It doesn't affect the car's operation in any other way, as you probably know, and they often just get old and fail even thought he cat is fine.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable