Ground Control kit

Hi,

Just ordered a Ground control kit for my KYB AGX shocks from the guys at Flyin Miata, Had the stage 3 kit installed since last summer, but the springs are way too low for the roads here, got the car on KYB's with standard shocks now, but the car is not right on mid corner bumps, tried it on all the settings, but softest seems best with the standard springs, after the 3rd mid corner err moment decided to bite the bullet and try the GC kit. Have any of you guys fitted this kit, if so what setup advice can you pass on.

Cheers.

Reply to
gixer

SNIP: got the car on KYB's with standard shocks now

Did you mean 'standard springs' here? Looks like it.

Is it a less agressive kit you're going with, like a stage 1 or stage 2 kind of thing, in the same series that you say you had previously been stage 3? I'd like to hear what you think of the setup cause I've got the KYB AGX with stock springs and I do feel the car get a little bothered by mid-turn bumps but figured that was unavoidable. If you get slight lowering and better control over midcorner bumps that might be worth me looking into. I'd love for my car to ride just a bit lower. What is the cost of this GC kit you're refering to?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yea sorry I meant stock springs. The way Flyin Miata detail it the stage does not refer to stiffness or aggressiveness it refers to how many components are included in the kit. I was at 31cm from hub centre to lip of rear wing at the back and 30cm at the front. That was way to low for me, even a usual height kerb meant I could not open the door, speed ramps caught the chassis, it was just not liveable day to day. The ride was not too stiff for me, but the handling was not good on the bumps at all, because the setup was so stiff with very little travel, the car would bang over bumps rather than ride over then with the standard setup, so on a bumpy mid corner the car would be extremely twitchy, on smooth corners it was unbelievable, absolutely awesome, and even when it did eventually let go it did so in a controllable way. Unfortunately mid corner bumps are a way of life here so it was no good

85%of the time. From my experience if you live in a area with bumpy roads you really need to keep as much ride height as you can. The GC kit is $400 but you need a good set of shocks to go with it though.

Cheers.

Reply to
gixer