High pitched whine when driving between 30-70 kms

I am hearing a high pitched whine when driving in my 2000 Evo Orange Miata, between 30-70 kms, but *only* on wet roads. When the weather is dry, I don't hear a peep from it. Has anyone run across this?

Reply to
Blackfly

Yeah, sounds like tires. For example, Michelin Arctic Alpins are known of that.

Regards, Kempi '01 silver,IL

Reply to
Kempi

Yup. My Alpins did that as well: on wet (but not puddled) roads at maybe 20-40 MPH. Sounded a lot like a supercharger turbo.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

On Wed, 05 May 2004 22:15:27 GMT, "Blackfly" wrote in news:3Idmc.35502$W% snipped-for-privacy@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

I had the same problem. I don't drive my mother around anymore. :)

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.

I meant turbo-charger, obviously.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Dang, you beat me to it! Bahdabing LOL ~Cissy My '90 Mazda Miata I love PC adventure games

Reply to
Expmiata

Obviously? Now who the hell charges turbos? It is not a battery.

If you ask me, you meant turbo-supercharger. A supercharger driven by a turbine.

Helpful Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Folks without enough cash?