How fast does the top go up?

Bummer. You will not get back what she is worth from the insurance.

SUV?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

No, just a mid-80's Dodge driven by a moron who wanted her half of the road in the middle. And who then left the scene and came back in a different vehicle. And had no license. Plus the plate on car that hit me was from a different car. And she probably has no insurance either.

I discovered tonight that there is now a significant oil leak that did not exist before the accident. ;( The point of impact was pretty much the A pillar so the door is definitely destroyed. Although the window does still work, suprisingly enough. I suspect that a different Miata is in my near future plans.

Iva & Crunched Belle.( '90B Classic Red.( #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

The point of impact was pretty much directly on the A piller so I suspect there's frame damage. And given her age, I also suspect that Belle may be going to that great junk yard in the sky. ;-(

Iva & Crunched Belle.( '90B Classic Red.( #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

I'm sorry, it's too easy to get very attached to the old Miatas. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if mine got destroyed but I don't think I'd get another, it wouldn't be the same.

Reply to
XS11E

Well, Belle is definitely going to the great junk yard in the sky - even with used parts, the repair bill would be close to $4,000.

But I fully intend to get another Miata - they're too much fun to be without for very long!

Iva - temporarily Miata-less

Reply to
Iva

Don't forget to move over the wink. I finally managed to get a switch with a metal toggle, so I do not break it off each time by accident.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

B'Bye... ...The car, not you... (LOL)

Reply to
Remove This

Really only one question... PRHT or Soft top..

Reply to
Remove This

Oh soft top for sure. Particularly since I'll still have my hard top after Belle leaves.

I managed to remove all of my after-market goodies today except for the roll bar. And the alarm system - I just didn't want to deal with all the bits and pieces and who knows where they hid everything with that. Two club members/friends are coming over Saturday morning to help me take out the roll bar. The adjustor said that anything after-market could be removed so that's what I spent today doing.

And yes, I did remove all the Wink parts. Now I just have to buy a

1997 or older and Belle's wink will live on. ;)

Iva - temporarily Miata-less

Reply to
Iva

I figured that another M1 was in your plans. Are you going with red again?

Also, any thoughts on whether you are leaning towards another 1990-1993 or a 1994-1997 model?

Curious minds and all that....

Pat

Reply to
pws