Lanny - Alignment settings on a Honda Accord - NMC

Lanny,

I remember you having an Accord as your OTM at some point before buying your Mazda3.

Did you have a particular set of alignment numbers that you went with? I want long life out of the tires, but a little performance handling even in this car would be nice.

When you took the Accord in for alignments, did you hand them a spec sheet, sit in the driver's seat, etc., or did you just tell them to make it drive straight and true?

The Honda Accord is a 1995 model with 77,500 miles, steel wheels and OEM everything.

I will probably replace the shocks soon, along with replacing the 14" steelies with a set of 15 inch alloys, and maybe the sway bar end link bushings. I am not planning to do any major mods to the power or suspension. It is pretty quick as-is for a 4-banger, and it would take forced induction or a V-8 swap to make it qualify as a fast car, and that is not gonna happen.

Since I can't fix the "wrong-wheel-drive" problem, I am not going to put a lot of effort into the handling either. Good tires, a good alignment, and properly functioning shocks is as far as I am taking it.

Oh yeah, V-Tech stickers, a big wing, a HUGE TAK, and a giant muffler that can launch grapefruits are all on order. I know how to properly modify a Honda.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Props to you for not forgetting the HUGE TAK as a performance item however, I believe it's a 'Miata-specific' performance item, no?

Your memory is better than mine! Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, zero toe all around. It was an '85, all struts, so no other adjustment was possible. FWIW, if not rotated a Michelin MXL would last

90k on the rear...of course, it was hard as a rock by 50k, so further wear happened very, very slowly.
Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I believe that you are correct about the HUGE TAK! being Miata specific.

My memory is not that good, but that feature almost sold me the car, so it sticks. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Thank ye, sir. The longest I have ever ridden on a set of tires is maybe

4 years, probably closer to three.

The tires that I just replaced with P5's were about 9 years old, with plenty of tread on the rears, but truly rock-hard and possibly the most dangerous wet tire I have ever driven on.

Replacing them was a night and day difference. I am sure that I am suffering some from "new tire syndrome", but the Pirelli P5 has really impressed me so far for what it is.

Pat

Reply to
pws