MazdaSpeed Turbo

So there is info and pricing on mazdausa.com

Wish this was around when I bought my 2000 :(

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Frederick Potts

I dissent. At least comparing MSRP to MSRP. A MS Miata with leather is less than $1K more than an equally-equipped (ABS, CD-changer) LS but adds the turbo, uprated suspension, larger wheels (if you consider that a positive), better tires, and more. Try getting a turbo aftermarket for that.

OTOH, it is cheaper to get a used Miata or a leftover and equip it with a turbo. But you won't have the warranty, perhaps reliability/durability, or the other geegaws.

A lot depends on what the actual selling price of the MS Miata will be. Me, I hope they offer the parts aftermarket, but it'll likely cost $3K+ if they do.

Reply to
Dave

Maybe. The Mazdausa web site simply freezes trying to access it over a phone line. Must have a megabyte of graphics or so. If the web designer designed the car, it would probably weigh 30 tons.

Actually, 10 minutes later, I hear a "zoom zoom zoom". So that is why it froze. Anyone else on a phone line would already be studying the Toyota web site. Mazda moves in mysterious ways.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

No, you can't. I've been shopping for forced induction systems recently, and such an aftermarket for less money doesn't exist. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but you'd better start citing names and prices.

-- Marcio Watanabe

Reply to
Marcio Watanabe

Back before I bought my MX-5, I went to the Mazda USA web site, only to find it refused to render to my non-IE browser (a flavor of Mozilla Seamonkey, though these days I'm running Firebird quite happily). I had to run IE to look at it, which was rather offensive.

So, I notice that Mazda USA's site will now feed Mozilla, even Firebird (I'm pretty sure I hadn't changed my user-agent string to pretend to be IE). So, that counts as progress I suppose.

On the other hand, I'm using cable modem these days with wireless ISP as a back-up. So Flash sites don't annoy me with download time as much as they annoy me with gratuitous noise. :-)

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers