Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

We shall see.

Reply to
Frank Berger

I know for sure a few people have spent 86K on a Miata, since that is what a NC 2.0 PRHT with metalic paint cost here direct from a Mazda dealer. So 100K should not be an impossible amount.

In a place with lower taxes I would imagine the German project NC modded cars with an RX-8 engine could be the most expensive.

Greetings Bruno

Reply to
Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark

Good to hear that ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I think you can get rid of the smiley face now with the Mazdaspeed (aftermarket) nose piece. Someone correct me if I am wrong but iirc it's quite good looking. I believe this will take you there. It's not great (the RX8 nose is great) but at least you loose the clown face. Shame on Mazda for the clown face (on all it's cars!) Shame!

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, it is and I'm glad it's working for her!

I've been searching ebay and Craig's List for a used spine but I haven't found any so far. I keep looking......

Yesterday, I began not just one but two things I thought I'd NEVER DO, both on my list of stuff to avoid at all costs but.... I reached a point that a funky shoulder caused so much pain and misery I've not been able to sleep for several weeks and I finally visited the urgent care center and, after a long discussion with the doctor and exrays of my neck showing the thoracic spine has degenerated as much as the lumbar spine I yielded to the thoughts of wonderful, pain free days and began a program of steroids and oxycodone.

Relief was almost immediate, I slept all night last night and the shoulder is, to a great extent, working again, the back is better than it's been in years and....

As you can see, I've typed a bunch and my hands don't hurt at all! I know I've just started the steroids (Prednisone), we'll see where the 7 day program leaves me.... Most of my objections to narcotics and steroids are overcome by the fact that both are VERY short term programs for me (at this point.)

Better living through chemistry!

Reply to
XS11E

Is this the one?

Pat

Reply to
pws

I would think that would be a bad idea, the Jag is longer than the Chevy and is 326ci in basic form (at least that's what was in my 1985 XJS), it's also pretty expensive to modify compared to the small block Chevy.

I'm guilty of hating Chevy almost as much as I hate licorice but there are times when Chevy makes sense..... For example, look at the problems of fitting the intake of the MUCH superior Ford small blocks under the Miata hood as compared with the Chevy.

Reply to
XS11E

I agree that it looks a lot better with the Mazdaspeed piece than the clown face. I guess most people have a favorite decade for car looks, and at this rate, for me, it will always be the 1990's, followed closely by the 1960's.

I saw a movie filmed in 1985 not long ago and it showed the kids being dropped off at high school at the beginning. Every single car that pulled up, including the BMW sedan, was awful-looking.

What a horrible decade in general that was for cars, and the 1970's were not much better.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I'd agree if you'll specify the middle 1960's when the tailfins had almost entirely vanished....

NOTE: The 1960's Miata's are pretty scarce!

But there was this as a substitue:

XS11E

Yep, that would be it. The sound gives me goosebumps.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Um...what's yer point? This conversion wasn't done for speed or value. A Chevy motor has no soul. The sound of the 12 in the video should tell you all you need to know.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

The point is that it was a total waste of time and money.

Reply to
XS11E

If I ended up with that kind of cash to replace my Miata, I might just have to look at a WRX Subaru, or a Mitsubishi Evo. Living here in Vancouver and skiing all winter, it would be nice to have the AWD. I just wish they still made two-door models...

Reply to
Alan Baker

Otoh,

Trying to stuff a Jag v12 into a Miata would fit right in.

LS3s are light and compact. You can get an LS3 crate engine, with warranty, that will produce 480 HP all day long.

Reply to
Carbon

yes. you understand it perfectly now. but i think he should have just made the exhaust come out the fenders to avoid all that extra work with the firewall. ;)

Reply to
Christopher Muto

that nose is a huge improvement. it should be stock. i don't get why they put the clown face on all of their cars. particularly since they are otherwise a generally good looking line up - it doesn't seem true to the cars overall original design, as if it an after market design. the stock nose appears to me that it needs braces. ;)

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Years back, someone wrote Hot Rod Magazine asking, "Can I put an xxx engine in a yyy car?"

I've always remembered their answer, "ANY engine can be put in ANY car, the question is will it be worth it?"

This is a GREAT example of no, it won't be. IMHO firewall mods take the conversion out of the practical category.

Reply to
XS11E

Disagree, Mazdas IMHO have traditionally been, with a few exceptions, very ugly, I was disappointed when they restyled the MX-5 nose to fit in with the overall ugly of the rest of the lineup but it makes sense to have a FUGLY theme running through the entire line-up.

As for the "huge improvement" if I wanted a Honda S2000, I'd buy one, not customize an MX-5 to look like one....

Reply to
XS11E

Pat

Reply to
pws

So there's three here with very bad taste?

Reply to
XS11E