MUFFLER

Has someone installed an after market muffler on a 2003 Miata, one that SOUNDS GOOD, not too loud bet just a nice throaty sound?

DG

Reply to
dgansser

Bryan

I put a Brainstorm dual outlet muffler on my '03. It has a nice throaty sound, but it is LOUD! My neighbors have remarked that they can hear me coming a block away.

I put a similar muffler on a 2000 and it was great. Somehow, between then and now, Brainstorm changed something to make it a lot louder. I love the dual look, the tone, and it doesn't drone, but if I had known how loud it was, I would not have bought it.

Reply to
Randy Maheux

i have a set of FM Duals (for NA, not turbo) and highly recommend them. they're a little noisier than stock, but have a great baritone hum...much lower note than expected.

note: i understand the folks building these for FM have changed. mine were built by Strom-something. german, i believe. the new ones may not be identical.

dookie

Reply to
dookie

I'd suggest an Enthuza M2 Speeder; it's a bolt-on muffler replacement that doesn't add much in the way of power but it isn't too loud and sounds great.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Several members of our local Miata club, including myself with a 03 SE, have installed the Borla dual exhaust muffler sport. Everyone just loves the results, it gives it a real nice sporty tone.

Reply to
Clark Friedrichs

"Clark Friedrichs" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
MLB

If I had I wouldn't know because I didn't ask. I bought my Borla on what it said in the book and faith. After I bought/installed it, the next club meeting someone approached me and ask what it was,. the next meeting he had one and then we learned of a few more that also had the borla, but I haven't asked around to what others are using.

Reply to
Clark Friedrichs

"Clark Friedrichs" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
MLB

Best sound I've heard out of a Miata is through the FM dual turbo exhaust on my '91.

D>"Clark Friedrichs" wrote in

Reply to
DonB