MX-5 - Family sized engine for a 2 person car

Wow, Its amazing that the MX-5 has a Family sized engine for a family of

5/6/7 for a 2 person family. WOW :-d
Reply to
SuperGardener

I'll tell you what's amazing.........

no, I won't bother.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Won't bother what. Its how the Mazda MX-5's are built these days.

Dave.

Reply to
SuperGardener

And a Ferrari has the power to move an extended family of about 17 or 18 people by your logic. What's your point?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

Err, I am new to cars to sorry if I sound boring. I have no point.

Dave.

Reply to
SuperGardener

No it isn't, it has a sportscar sized engine for a 2-seater roadster. What were you expecting, a 500cc two-cylinder engine or something ;-)

SteveM

Reply to
Stephen Malbon

Err. My form tutor has a MX-5 and he has got a Family sized engine. You're probably right in a way but My form tutor told me he had a family sized engine.

Dave.

Reply to
SuperGardener

Must be a family of length challenged people, then. I do not think the engine can be more than 20" x 30" x 30".

Maybe they are childless and he cut up his wife for revenge?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Lucky him.

No, ain't no such thing as "a Family sized engine". Depending on how old his MX-5 is it will be a 1600cc or 1800cc engine. There are plenty of "Family" cars with engines those sizes. There are also plenty of "Family" cars with engines both bigger and smaller that both of these. There are also plenty of "Sportscars" with engines both bigger and smaller that both of these. Textbook way to make a "sportscar" is to put a large engine into a small car. More correctly, to put a powerful engine into a light vehicle (or even more pedantically, to fit an engine which gives a high power to weight ratio).

He's talking nonesense :-)

SteveM

Reply to
Stephen Malbon

Never thrust teachers with Miatas! Especially when the Miata is white!

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits

I also got a "Family" sized engine in my Miata when I bought it, which was great because there are six members in my family...me, my wife, my dog, and three cats. I don't know how I would have managed without the "family" sized engine.

The guy I bought my red Miata from was a Professor. He said that red Miatas were a little faster than white ones...he was not kidding because I remember having taken a white Miata for a test drive before I bought my red one, and mine is much faster. But I doubt it is entirely down to the red color, I think the 2 inch white stripes down the sides and the large "Miata" logo on my windshield add at least 30bhp. Which means that I have the same power as a large "Family" sized engine. With this in mind, I can now grow my family to include two cows, a camel, and a sheep (saw a cute looking one at a local farm recently). No kids cos they get expensive.

The Professor also told me that if I added a 36" subwoofer to the rear of the car, I could gain another 70 or so bhp (something to do with the speed of sound). If anyone has already done the subwoofer upgrade, please let me know how much faster their Miata went. Would also like to know if a single

60" subwoofer, or five 10" (5 multiplied by 10 = 60") subwoofers would be even better.

I'm glad to have bought my Red Miata from a Professor; it made me realise just how much clevererer they are, and the value of a good hedj...emjac...ediooocat....edjkamakation.

Thanks >

Reply to
Jitendra

Oi. There is nothing wrong with thrusting a teacher. I am married to one . Now Trust .. That is another matter altogether. LOL

Reply to
Col:

True. Those teachers are really smart. If they have a nonwhite Miata, however, they don't know much and you are relatively safe.

However, do watch them if they have red Miatas. Those are very slow and you will have rear-ended them before you know what hit you.

Leon ;)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Assuming you mean an engine adequate for powering a sedan suitable for transporting a family of 7, of course the MX-5 does *not* have such an engine. At least

3.5 or 4 liters is required for that in the real world.

;-)

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Heh. I thought of you when I read the original note.

Just spent a week in southern Mississippi. Yikes, not much Miata weather there right now, I hope things are better a little to the east where you are...

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Oh-oh, I should have looked it up! This mistake puts my message in a whole other context, doesn't it?

So, how is your dutch these days? :-)

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits

All those Europeans in their 2.0 Turbodiesel Zafiras and 307 Breaks whizzing by at 160kph must be wrong... (7 seaters)

:-)

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

You did forget one thing:

An additional 50 bhp can be found by painting the break calipers red. Yellow is also nice, but will only give you 35 bhp. So go with the red!

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits

Oh-oh! A teacher with a *red* Miata?

NO CARRIER

Reply to
Steven Spits

My form tutor has a Red MX-5 and he did say they are a bit on the slow side but does him for what he uses the car for.

Dave.

Reply to
SuperGardener