Oil Filter revisited

I recall a previous thread about a breakdown of the proper Mazda filter to use based on gen 1 or gen 2 Miatas. I have a 92 Miata and bought a Mazda filter yesterday from a Mazda dealership, telling them what I drive. They sold me a B6Y1 14 302 9A. I've previously used a B6Y2 14 302 (since I kept the empty box). Which would be correct for my 92? What is the difference? Jim Jim's Miata Web Page

Reply to
Jim

Both are correct. Mazda fairly recently changed the specs. You can no longer get the old one. And you may have to get a new wrench too :(

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen