[OT] A lesson in car dynamics and grip

For those who like lessons in pictures, here's one about gravity, car dynamics, and grip:

Dave Null Sr.

Ouch!

Hope the driver wasn't injured badly.

Here's another ouch:

by the driver who walked away with minor injuries.

------- Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

How does gravity come into it? And grip?

The car seems pretty much solidly destroyed. Fortunately it is not a Miata. Although it is obviously a lot more expensive, it was an ugly critter. Whoever had enough money to buy it is now able to buy something better. At least better looking, and with a roof that comes off.

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

But, note that the cockpit is intact. Not even any broken glass. This Lambo died to save a very lucky person's life.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 02:56:59 GMT, rammm@REMOVE_THIS_TAGdommelen.net (Leon van Dommelen) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Grip = mass x gravity Crested a hill while turning right. Gravity is interrupted and back end gets loose.

I would find a place in my garage for such an ugly creature.

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.

Thanks. Was not clear from the photos to me. (Did not notice the hill at all.)

I would find a place on ebay for it.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen